Spring Break at the Museum
Thursday, Mar. 12, 2020 – Thursday, Mar. 12, 2020
11:00 AM – 02:00 PM
Spend Spring Break with the MFAH for family fun!
• Theme | “Building the Future”
• Featured Exhibition | Radical: Italian Design
Visit the pop-up studio for an opportunity to create art. Get inspired by the unusual furniture and modern architectural models in the exhibition Radical: Italian Design 1965–1985, The Dennis Freedman Collection. Design a building for the future using a variety of colored paper, plus other materials and tools.
Drop in! This program is free with general admission. MFAH members and ages 12 & younger always receive free general admission. On Thursdays, general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell Oil Company.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
FotoFest 2016 Biennial “Changing Circumstances: Looking at the Future of the Planet” » Racing Extinction
Feb. 14 – Apr. 26, 2020
Radical: Italian Design 1965–1985, The Dennis Freedman Collection
Mar. 1 – May. 25, 2020
Glory of Spain: Treasures from the Hispanic Society Museum & Library
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world