Explore Abilities Day
Monday, Sep. 24, 2018 – Monday, Sep. 24, 2018
The Children’s Museum of Houston will host Explore Abilities Day, an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum. We have a host of activities for both caregivers and kids, including story times, therapy dogs and much more! Doors will be closed to the public. There will be no music and sound-reducing headphones will be available. Outside food and drinks will beallowed (Fresh Café will be closed).
This exclusive event includes the following modifications:
- Doors will be closed to the public
- Less crowded environment free from unnecessary distractions
- No music will be playing on the overhead audio systems
- Extra visual signage for safety
- Specialists on hand for consultation and extra fun activities
- Sound reducing headphones, ear defenders and sunglasses available on loan
- Designated quiet rooms will be available
- Families are allowed to bring in outside food and drinks (Fresh Café will be closed)
Admission is just $5, and FREE for members! To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
Media Note: There is a possibility news outlets will attend and photograph this event.
FURURE EXPLORE ABILITIES DATES
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter Sunday.
- General Admission: $17 per person and $16 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $8, 2 hours - $9, 3+ hours - $10. Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world