Winter Wonderland WonderWeek
Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017 – Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017
Join us as we welcome our Winter Wonderland WonderWeek and partake in painting a snowy landscape, creating a giant snowball, showing off your creative skills by making your own colorful unicorn, or transform yourself into a polar bear on Nov. 23 through Dec. 16.
- Winter Skies: Create a card featuring a snowy landscape with swirling blue skies using tissue paper and water at Alexander Art Academy.
- Animals in Winter: Explore the different ways animals survive the colder winter temperatures at EcoStation.
- Winter Birds Field Guide: Learn how to attract birds to your backyard in the winter at EcoStation.
- Giant Snowball: It's snowball time! Make your own giant snowball at Junktion.
- Unicorn Finger Puppet: Show off your creative skills by designing your own colorful unicorn puppet at Junktion.
- Polar Bear Party: Transform yourself into a polar bear by making a mask at Junktion.
- Paper Chain Patterns: Things are about to go off the chain! Create a patterned paper chain at Math Cart.
- Iron in Cereal: Explore how to test iron in your morning cereal and learn about the important role iron plays in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Upset Stomach? Discover how your body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Strap on your lab goggles and find out how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Come experiment with us and learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
- LED Hand Generator: Vroom Vroom! Engineer your very own electric motor and zoom away at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world