Tom’s Fun Band
Thursday, Mar. 1, 2018 – Thursday, Mar. 1, 2018
Join us for an interactive musical performance by Tom's Fun Band, featuring a wide variety of instruments that will get you grooving the second you hear the beats unfold.
Event time: 5:30 p.m. at Brown Auditorium.
- Oh, the Places You'll Go in Texas: Capture the beauty and majesty of the rolling landscapes of Texas at Alexander Art Academy.
- Farm Animal Finger Puppets: Make your own unique finger puppets of farm animals and use them to put on a show at EcoStation.
- Texas State Symbol Bingo: Giddy-up! Get three state symbols in a row to win at Ecostation.
- Boot-Scootin' Boogie: Dance the day away when you fashion your own cowboy boots from a paper bag at Junktion.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Stuffed Fish for You!: Read the underwater tale of "One Fish, Two Fish" and dive right in and make your own fish at Junktion.
- Horton(He)ear's a Who: Perk up your ears and listen for those little whos' with your own huge Horton Ears at Junktion.
- Whotastic Storytime!: Gather round as we explore the zany and magical works of Dr. Suess at Parent Resource Library.
- Free the Animals: Learn more about probability in this hands-on, interactive game by freeing animals from cages at Math Cart.
- Guerilla Gardening-Seed Balls: Dig in and create compressed seed balls using soil, clay, native wildflower seeds, and water at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice come learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about DNA and extract it from strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game using code software and programming at Inventors' Workshop.
- Search Light: Experiment with soldering and simple circuits to light up the night sky with your very own searchlight at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
*** Activities, Events and Times Subject to Change
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world