Monday, Nov. 25, 2019 – Monday, Nov. 25, 2019
Let’s talk turkey! Following the White House tradition which began under president John F. Kennedy, the Children’s Museum of Houston will host its 2nd Annual Turkey Pardon. Come join the Museum’s Kids’ Committee president for the odd tradition of "pardoning" the turkey which won't be eaten during an interactive ceremony which will include a real, live turkey! Good eating, Mr. President. But let’s keep him going!
Event time: Nov. 25, 2019 at 11 a.m.
- Meet the Turkey: Come meet the pardoned turkey!
- Event time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Courtyard
- Turkey Pardon: Join Kids' Committee President Soha Sewani for the Museum's first-ever turkey pardoning ceremony.
- Event time and location: 11 a.m. in Kids' Hall Alcove
**Events and times are subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world