Home School Day
Monday, Sep. 19, 2016
10:00 AM – 02:00 PM
The Children’s Museum of Houston is inspiring future makers for Home School Day. The Museum will be open exclusively for home school families to have unlimited access to all 14-galleries of non-stop, action-packed fun, explore STEM-based educational programming and delve into our cultural Mid-Autumn Fest celebration! Pre-registration is required.
About the Programs & Activities
- Hydraulic Contraptions: Build your own water-powered machines!Event Time: 11 am in Tree Top. (Sign up at 10 a.m. on a first-come, first-serve basis. Ages: 6 +)
- Paper Circuits: Learn about electricity and circuitry as you use paper to illuminate a light bulb. Event Time: 12:30 pm in Tree Top. (Sign up at 10 am on a first-come, first-serve basis. Ages: 6 +)
- Science Experiments: Play the role of a scientist with experiments in Power Science Lab.
- Sky Lanterns: Create a scene of floating lanterns from colorful wrapping paper at Alexander Art Academy.
- How Rabbits Keep Their Cool: Rabbit ears aren't just for hearing - they help them stay cool! Make your own rabbit ears to help you "stay cool" at EcoStation.
- Phases of the Moon Flip Book: Flip through your own homemade book to see how the movement of the moon changes how it appears in the sky at EcoStation.
- Fill the Dragon: Compete with friends to build a dragon at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Mid-Autumn Festival Mask: Create your own Boar Mask in celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival at Junktion.
- Paper Lantern: Create your own paper lantern in celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival at Junktion.
- Au Co Fairy Wings: Become the immortal mountain fairy, Au Co, the honored mother of Vietnamese civilization, at Junktion.
- 3-D Lunar Phase Model: Construct a 3-D Model to view the many phases of the lunar cycle at Science Station.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter Sunday.
- Admission is just $8, and FREE for members! To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $8, 2 hours - $9, 3+ hours - $10. Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world