Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Golden Worlds: The Portable Universe of Indigenous Colombia
Sunday, Nov. 6, 2022 – Sunday, Apr. 16, 2023
Golden Worlds: The Portable Universe of Indigenous Colombia showcases the diversity and brilliance of ancient Colombian cultures. The exhibition reframes the approach to ancient Colombian art and invites visitors into a cultural dialogue that spans both space and time.
From intricately cast gold pendants and hammered gold masks to ceramic effigies of fantastical creatures and rare ancient textiles, some 400 works span all the major ancient cultures of Colombia. Landscapes, archaeological sites, and collaborations add important context to the objects and their timeless messages. Thematic sections center the voices and concepts of descendant Indigenous communities in the display and interpretation of the works.
About the event
Included with general admission. Get tickets here.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Wednesday, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday , 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday (Except selected holidays) | Closed.
- Tuesday | Closed.
- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day | Closed.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $19
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $16
- Military (with ID) Free
- College Students (19+ with ID) $12
- Youth (13–18) $12
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Three Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world