Gallery Tour “Norman Rockwell: American Freedom”
Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020 – Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020
02:00 PM – 02:45 PM
• To attend this tour, purchase a ticket to “Norman Rockwell: American Freedom”
Norman Rockwell: American Freedom is the first comprehensive exhibition devoted to Norman Rockwell’s iconic depictions of the Four Freedoms outlined by FDR: Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Worship, Freedom from Fear, and Freedom from Want.
This 45-minute tour explores the exhibition and encourages visitors to discuss the art together. Learn more about Rockwell’s 1943 paintings and how they were embraced by millions of Americans, provided crucial aid to the war effort, and took their place among the most indelible images in the history of American art.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Wednesday, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday , 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday (Except selected holidays) | Closed.
- Tuesday | Closed.
- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day | Closed.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $19
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $16
- Military (with ID) Free
- College Students (19+ with ID) $12
- Youth (13–18) $12
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Three Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world