Saturday, May. 25, 2019 – Monday, Sep. 2, 2019
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK MEMORIAL DAY THRU LABOR DAY!
Cast your crew because it's almost call time! This summer, the Children's Museum of Houston is bringing Hollywood to the Space City as we transform into your very own movie production studio and make YOU the star.
Get ready to explore FIVE movie sets throughout the Museum. All you have to do is choose your backdrop and say "ACTION!"
- SUPERHERO CITY - Defend and keep the peace or go undercover as a normal Kidtropolis civilian.
- DINO WORLD - Escape to a prehistoric world, fit for more than a few surprising outdoor encounters in EcoStation!
- WIZARDING WORKSHOP - Wingardium leviosa your thinking cap onto your head and tap into your engineering spirit like Arthur Weasley in Inventor's Workshop.
- SPACE TREK - Find a galaxy far, far away without ever leaving Earth in Science Station.
- PIRATE PARADISE - Ahoy, lads! Ye want to film a movie, eh? Avast! Search for the Jolly Roger atop the cauldron in FlowWorks.
Plus, from costumes to sounds and stunts, we've got everything you need to create your masterpiece production throughout the Museum:
- Wardrobe Department: It's easy to look the part! Follow the patterns to make your own costume and accessories from your favorite films.
- Animation Department Department: Let your creativity explode as you learn the magic of animation to complete your production.
- Sound Studio: Clash! Bang! Snap! See how your favorite films bring the action to your ears.
- Prop Warehouse: Complete the scene with the perfect props! Design and customize them however you see fit.
Let your inner Director shine this summer at the Museum and meet some of the stars of your favorite movies. We've got the bill filled with showtimes:
- June 1 - Avengers Arise
- June 15 - Minion Madness
- June 29 - You Got a Friend in Me
- July 4 - Kidpendence Day
- July 6 - Into the Spiderverse
- July 13 and 14 - Dino Daze
- July 20 - Moon Landing Anniversary
- Aug. 3 - Mischief Managed
- Aug. 17 - Be Our Guest
- Aug. 31 - Peppa Pig & Sir George
For more details, visit our calendar page and plan your visit!
Planning to visit us more than once this summer? Get unlimited FREE admission with Membership!
**Activities, events and times are subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world