Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017 – Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017
Some say they’re a myth; others say they’re real. Come find out for yourself if unicorns really do exist Saturday, Nov. 25 at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Paint to your heart’s desire at Alexander Art Academy where local artist Lisa Chow will host a workshop that will utilize all the colors of the rainbow. Or if you’re looking for something else to suit your fancy, miniature horses have magically transformed into unicorns for a day of sensory play!
- Unicorn Water Colors: Join in on the fun as local artist Lisa Chow for an interactive workshop experimenting with all the colors of the rainbow.
- Event time: 11 a.m., 12, 1, and 2 p.m. in Alexander Art Academy.
- Unicorn Ponies: Come experience connection, communication, play and the opportunity to learn about the care of ponies and how horsemanship is therapeutic.
- Event time: 12 to 3 p.m. in the Allen Courtyard.
- Unicorn Masks: Don't just pet a unicorn. Be a unicorn! Transform yourself into a unicorn for the day at Junktion.
- Event time: All Day
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world