TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019 – Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019
09:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Calling all Pre-K through 2nd grade teachers! You're invited to participate in a special professional development workshop at the Museum!
If you are asking yourself “What to do for Guided Reading with non-readers?” or “How do I get started with flexible grouping?” this Professional Development opportunity is for you!
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to…
• Define guided reading
• Establish clear table expectations for young learners
• Create a guided reading lesson outline
• Form flexible reading groups
• Implement guided reading in the classroom
Event time: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
**Events and times are subject to change.
To learn more about our other professional development opportunities, click here.
More information and registration coming soon!
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world