Sensory Friendly Day
Monday, Apr. 1, 2019 – Monday, Apr. 1, 2019
10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
The Children’s Museum of Houston invites you to an exclusive event for children with Autism. Sensory Friendly Day is an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum. Doors will be closed to the public. There will be no music and sound-reducing headphones will be available.
Outside food and drinks will be allowed (Fresh Café will be closed).
- The Learning Sphere: Join poet and speech-language pathologist Vanessa Zimmer-Powell for three Social Thinking Story Times
- Event time and location: 11:30 a.m., 12:15, and 1 p.m. in Parent Resource Library.
- Faithful Paws: Come interact with the wonderful therapy dogs of Faithful Paws.
- Event time and location: 10 a.m. to noon in Tree Top.
Event Time: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
***Activities, events and times are subject to change.
Admission is just $5 per person. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission. To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world