ROCKIN’ NEW YEAR WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Dec. 27, 2018 – Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019
Cheers to a new year! The Children's Museum of Houston is kicking off 2019 with a bang! Stop by and enjoy all of our activities during our Rockin’ New Year WonderWeek!
- Dec. 31: Rockin' New Year's Noon Bash: Ring in the new year at the stroke of noon during Houston's longest New Year's Eve celebration for kids!
- Event time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- New Frame of Mind: Draft your New Year's resolution and put it inside your unique photo frame at Alexander Art Academy.
- Prosperous Peas!: Welcome the new year by growing your own black-eyed peas and learn about parts of a seed at EcoStation.
- The World is Waiting for You: Illustrate some of your craziest adventures on our board at EcoStation.
- Rocket Reactions: Learn all about the chemistry behind canister rockets at Science Station.
- The Olfactory Knows: Play a matching game with your nose and learn the physiology behind your sniffer in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract and examine DNA found in strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Watch how the anthocyanin in cabbage juice changes colors from deep red to green depending on pH of the substance to which it is added at Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Discover the role starch plays in your diet and test for its presence in different household items at Power Science Lab.
- New Year Noisemaker: Ring in the New Year with a noisemaker at Junktion.
- Upcycled Wrapping Paper Jewelry: Upcycle unused holiday gift wrapping paper into beautiful bracelets at Junktion.
- New Year, New You Crown: Start off 2019 on a good note by noting your resolutions on a New Year’s crown at Junktion.
- Countdown to 2019: Be the first to get to get "2019" in this dice game at Math Cart.
- Christmas Ornaments: Laser cut your own Christmas ornament, then add some LED's or vinyl stickers to bring it to life in Chevron Maker Annex.
- DIY String Lights: Light up your Christmas decorations by making your own string lights in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Snow Globes: Make your own winter wonderland within a snow globe in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Programmable Tree Lights: Code a holiday light show and wrap it around your tree in Inventor's Workshop.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world