NATIONAL ENGINEERS WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019 – Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019
From Legos to art pieces, become an engineer with these activities as we celebrate National Engineers Week! Kids will learn about engineering as they as they build and design their own games and crafts. Join us for a full week of fun and learning as we dive into Engineers Week.
**Event and times subject to change
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Agamograph Art: Watch your 3D art transform when you move angles in Art Academy.
- Echolocation Flipbook: Do you think you could find your food in the dark? Learn how bats use sound waves to hunt in EcoStation.
- Inspired by Nature: This matching game will teach you how butterflies inspired bridges and spiders' webs inspired airplanes in EcoStation.
- Build Your Own Lego Crown: Build your own paper Lego crown in Junktion.
- Lego Masks: Complete your Lego look with these colorful Lego mask in Junktion.
- Catapult Airplane: Launch your airplane and race against your friends after you build your slingshot plane in Junktion.
- Achi: Play this fun board game with a friend and see who can get three in a row first in Math Cart.
- Cartesian Divers!: Become an engineer and build your own hook and sinker game in Science Station.
- The Olfactory Knows: Is that lavender or old socks? Use your nose to play this smelly matching game in Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Utilize Benedict's Solution as you test to see which substance contains the most reducing sugar in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Become a real-life detective by experimenting and extracting the DNA from strawberries in Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Learn how starch is used in our diets and test foods in Power Science Lab.
- 3D Print Custom LEGOs: Like engineers, design and build your Lego and print it out with a 3D printer Inventor's Workshop.
- Leather Keychain: Create your own keychain and watch it come together after a craft cutter cuts your design in Inventor's Workshop.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world