NATIONAL ENGINEERS DAY
Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019 – Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019
Join us as we build, design and create awesome structures and learn the ends and outs of engineering. Use LEGOs to create furniture for the house you design or custom 3D print your own LEGO. You'll be able to see some spectacular creations from roboticist and LEGO masters. All this and more as we gear up for this fun engineering filled day!
- Book Bridge: Put your engineering skills to the test and see if your bridge can hold the weight or if it'll buckle under the pressure.
- Location and time: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. in Junktion Hall
- Blind Builders: Use your senses to test if you and a friend can reconstruct each other's creations without seeing them.
- Location and time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Kids' Hall
- Custom LEGO: 3D print your own one-of-a-kind LEGO that you design.
- Location and time: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. in Maker Annex
- LEGO House: Use our software to design your LEGO dream house then put your skills to the test as you build the furniture from Jumbo LEGO blocks.
- Location and time: 10 a.m. -6 p.m. in Inventor's Workshop
- TexLug: Come and see the creations these LEGO masters have designed and built.
- Location and time: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. in Kids' Hall Alcove
- Royal Robotics: This group will be here to show you the awesome robots they have built.
- Location and time: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Invention Convention
- Owen Cowen and his Invention "MagnaFingers": Meet this kid inventor and learn how he took his idea and turned it into a patented product.
- Location and time: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. in Invention Convention
Event: Feb. 16, 2019
**Event and times subject to change
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world