Meet Curious George
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 – Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017
It’s been 76 years since readers first went ape over “Curious George.” But did you know WWII threw a monkey wrench into publishing plans? Written and drawn by Hans Augusto Rey and Margret Rey, the couple fled Paris in June 1940 on self-made bicycles, carrying the “Curious George” manuscript with them and the rest became history! Take a historical journey and visit with Curious George during his special appearance at the Children’s Museum of Houston.
Event Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sat., Feb. 18, and Noon - 5 p.m. on Sun., Feb. 19. at Brown Auditorium.
- Parents must remain with children at all times
- Participating children must remain in line
- Don't forget your cameras!
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world