Lunar New Year Bash
Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017 – Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017
We’ll sneak the sunrise past a rooster! The Children’s Museum of Houston will put all of its eggs in one basket for this year’s Lunar New Year Bash celebrating the Year of the Rooster. Become immersed in Houston’s diverse Asian heritage with activities and performances. Lunar New Year falls on Jan. 28. The event is free with general admission.
- Lion Dancers: Watch lions boogie to the beat of the drums in an exhilarating performance. Event time: Performances at 1 and 3 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium.
- Traditional Dances: Discover the symbolic expression of Pan-Asian heritage. Event Time: Performances from 1:30 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium.
- Face Painting and Coloring: Transform into any animal or bring your animal to life in Kids’ Hall.
- Lei Making: Welcome the New Year with decorative flowers to wear in Kids’ Hall.
- Chinese Lantern: Welcome the New Year by decorating a lantern in Kids’ Hall.
- Origami: Learn about the art of paper folding and create a masterpiece in Kids’ Hall.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world