Hanukkah with the JCC
Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019 – Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019
05:00 PM – 08:00 PM
The Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center will bring a special Hanukkah celebration to the Children's Museum of Houston. You’re invited to decorate wooden dreidels, make edible dreidels and learn the rules of the dreidel game and practice playing it. Plus, catch "Tales from the Shtetl."
Event time: Dec. 19, 2019 from 5 to 8 p.m. in Kids' Hall
- Tales from the Shtetl: Join us for an exciting play that shows characters who are devoted to their homes, family, and religious holidays.
- Event time: 6 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium
- Hanukkah Activities: Celebrate Hanukkah by making decorative and edible dreidels and menorahs and playing traditional games!
- Event time: 5 to 8 p.m. in Kids' Hall
**Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world