Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019 – Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019
OCT. 12-31: HALLOWEEN GROSSTOPIA
Something icky is oozing its way to the Children’s Museum of Houston! A myriad of ooey, gooey and slimy has maneuvered its way into the Museum for three weeks of Halloween.
This October, take a dose of gross as you discover spine-tingling experiments, spirit-lifting interactives and slime-filled fun during Halloween Grosstopia!
Creep your way through the Museum in search of goblins, goodies and goo!
Grab your favorite costume and your best ghoul-friends to set out on a TRICK-OR-TREAT quest EVERY DAY!
Event time: Oct. 12-31, 2019
SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN HAPPENINGS:
- Trick-or-treat daily! 4 - 6 p.m. weekdays, 4 - 8 p.m. Thursdays, and all day weekends thru Halloween Night!
- Get slime-soaked during our open-to-the-public Slime-Off! on Oct. 27.
- Move your bones to funky tunes at our spooktacular Halloween Monster Mash Bash on Oct. 31 (open until 8 p.m.)
Check out our web calendar for a full dose of Halloween events.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world