Gallery Tour “Berthe Morisot: Impressionist Original”
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019 – Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019
02:00 PM – 03:00 PM
• To attend this tour, purchase a ticket to “An Impressionist Autumn”
The exhibition Berthe Morisot: Impressionist Original illuminates Berthe Morisot’s approach to portraiture, her focus on the life of women in modern Paris, and her singular role in the French Impressionist movement.
Morisot’s domestic scenes focus on children, family, and flowers, capturing a woman’s life in the late 19th century. She highlights the themes of modern life that came to define Impressionism: the intimacy of contemporary bourgeois living and leisure activities; women’s fashions; and domestic work. At the same time, she blurs distinctions between interior and exterior, public and private, finished and unfinished. Against the norms of her time and her elevated social background, Morisot became an important member of the Parisian avant-garde.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world