Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018 – Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018
Join us for a truly electrifying adventure as we travel back in time for an interactive performance about the story behind the chills and thrills of "Frankenstein" and the author Mary Shelley!
- Event Time: 1 p.m. at Brown Auditorium
- Dream Drawings: Create a unique work of art in the style of Jen Dubuffet at Alexander Art Academy.
- Glowing Animals: Play a matching game that determines how certain aminals can glow in the dark at Ecostation.
- Learn about Lightning: Color and label parts of a lightning storm and learn why it strikes at Ecostation.
- Freaky Monster Mask: Transform yourself into Frankenstein and his bride when you make this mask at Ecostation.
- Hair Raising Wig: Make a hair-raising mad scientist wig at Junktion.
- Dr. Frankenstein's Goggles: Inspect the unexpected when you engineer your own mad scientist goggles at Junktion.
- Origami Stories: Become a storyteller just like Mary Shelley and fold your own origami character at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Circuit Monsters: Send an electric current through conductive playdough to light up your monstrous creation at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Our Bodies at Work: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice come learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about DNA and extract it from strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game using MIT scratch code software and block programming at Investors' Workshop.
- Robot Arm: Construct a robot by using simple laser cut links and locks, made of particle wood at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world