Bubble Troubles WonderWeek
Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017 – Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2017
Get ready to bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble during a weeklong celebration that will send shivers down your spine. Things will be soapy, slippery, and spooky when you concoct your very own bubbles, potion bottle, and skeleton mask.
- Charmed Shilouttes: Use dot art bubbles to create silhouettes of bats, cats, and cauldrons at Alexander Art Academy.
- Double, Double Oil and Trouble: Things are slipping and sliding as we learn about the effects of soapy bubbles at Ecostation.
- Photosynthesis is handy on Halloween: Did you know that plants can make their own sugar in the dark? Come discover the effects of light on photosynthesis at Ecostation.
- Bubble, Bubble, Toil & Trouble: Concoct your very own potion bottle and cast a spell at Junktion.
- Skull Mask: Send shivers down your spine and make your very own Spooky, scary skeleton mask at Junktion.
- Witch’s Brooms: Fly off to the moon with your own Witch’s Broom at Junktion.
- Count and Pop: Race against the clock and see how fast you can pop all your bubbles at Math Cart.
- Ghost Bubbles: Poke ghost bubbles and watch them vanish into a poof of ghostly smoke before your eyes at Science Station
- Plate Jack-o-Lantern: Create your very own spooky gooey Jack-O-lantern at Tot Spot.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world