Friday, Jan. 19, 2018 – Friday, Jan. 19, 2018
07:00 PM – 09:00 PM
This bittersweet family drama from filmmaker and novelist Narges Abyar is Iran’s entry for Best Foreign Language Film at the 2018 Academy Awards. The story takes place in Yazd between 1977 and 1980, a tumultuous time spanning the Iranian Revolution and Iran–Iraq War.
Breath features a riveting performance by Sareh Nour Mousavi as Bahar, a spirited little girl who lives with her father and grandmother after losing her mother. Bahar loves to read and uses her vivid imagination, fantasy, and folklore to escape the turmoil that surrounds her. The film earned multiple honors at the Fajr Film Festival and was critically praised for its innovative depiction of war as experienced from a child’s perspective.
• Want to see more of the Iranian Film Festival? Rice Cinema and Asia Society Texas Center also host screenings.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
May. 19 – Nov. 25, 2018
Contemporary Dutch Design: Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world