Ballet Folklórico Las Américas
Thursday, Sep. 14, 2017 – Thursday, Sep. 14, 2017
Enjoy this vibrant cultural performance from Ballet Folklórico Las Américas, filled with colorful costumes and lively music. Be sure to stop by the Brown Auditorium, to learn more about Mexican customs and traditions.
Event times: 6:30 p.m.in Brown Audtitorium
- Printing Money: Get in touch with your creative side and learn how to design your own unique money at Alexander Art Academy.
- Saving the Planet Saves Money: Learn how much money you could save by doing small things to help the environment at EcoStation.
- Environmental Job Matching: Play a matching game where you pair the environmental scientists' tasks with their equipment at EcoStation.
- Save Now, Spend Later Bank: What do you want to save up for? Create your own special bank to save your money at Junktion.
- Build Your Own Crown: Get inspired and build your very own Lego® crown at Junktion.
- Origami Wallet: Fold your own wallet using traditional Japanese techniques at Junktion.
- Galactic Storytime: Come celebrate the end of our Sci-Fi Summer with our galactic story time at Parent Resource Library.
- Bank It: Roll the dice! Make decisions on whether to save or take a risk in order to fill up your piggy bank at Math Cart.
- Counting Cards: Pick any card and explore the relationships between their numbers at Science Station.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice and other food products, you will learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for analyzing pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- Iron in Cereal: Explore how to test iron in your morning cereal and learn about the important role iron plays in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Testing Proteins: Test for proteins in different foods using a special technique known as Piotrowski's test at Power Science Lab.
- Oily Fats: Learn how to compare fat levels in different cooking oils at Power Science Lab.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world