Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019 – Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019
03:00 PM – 04:00 PM
Join Asia Society Texas Center for a docent-led tour of the exhibition Tsuruya Kōkei: Modern Kabuki Prints Revised & Revisited.
Free for Members, $5 Students and Seniors, $8 Nonmembers
About Tsuruya Kōkei: Modern Kabuki Prints Revised & Revisited
The exhibition presents all of Tsuruya Kōkei's kabuki actor prints from 1984 to 1993. Because the artist limited his editions, such a complete collection represents a first in Texas. To explore the broader contours of kabuki actor prints, Kōkei's work is contextualized by actor prints by Sharaku, as well as two dozen additional works by contemporary Japanese and western artists.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour. Groups arriving more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time should remain in our Grand Hall until tour staff and docents are ready. Latecomers may join the tour in progress.
- Tours last approximately 60 minutes and involve a minimal amount of walking. Wheelchair access is available throughout the building.
- Photography without flash is permitted for all current exhibitions.
Additional Tour Dates
Education and outreach programs at Asia Society Texas Center are made possible through generous funding from Karen Chang and the George and Mary Josephine Hamman Foundation. Additional support provided by the Friends of Asia Society, a premier group of individuals and organizations committed to bringing exceptional programming and exhibitions to Asia Society Texas Center.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- Free for Members, $5 Students and Seniors, $8 Nonmembers
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
An India-Inspired Café
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Pondi! Pondicheri's museum café is open for extended lunch hours Tuesday through Sunday with a vibrant and innovative menu featuring everything from butter chicken to saffron shrimp salad and roti wraps.
Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Jan. 26 – Jan. 26, 2020
Book Talk: Author Shuja Nawaz on “The Battle for Pakistan: The Bitter U.S. Friendship and a Tough Neighborhood”
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world