Free Admission Times
There’s a lot to see in the Houston Museum District – and much of it’s free! Discover what’s new and plan your visit today!
Asia Society Texas Center
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
Houston Center for Photography
The Jung Center
Lawndale Art Center
The Menil Collection
Moody Center for the Arts
Specific Free Times
General Admission Only
- Asia Society Texas Center – Grand Hall (downstairs) FREE access during museum hours
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – FREE Thursdays 1-5 pm
- Children’s Museum of Houston – FREE Thursdays 5-8 pm (reservations required)
- Czech Center Museum Houston – FREE Thursdays 2-4 pm (last entry at 3:30 pm)
- The Health Museum – FREE Thursdays 2-7 pm
- Holocaust Museum Houston – FREE Thursdays 2-5 pm; plus on International Holocaust Remembrance Day (Jan. 27, 2022), Yom HaShoah (April 28, 2022), Walter Kase Free Admission Day (May 5, 2022), Stefi Altman Free Admission Day (May 15, 2022), and International Human Rights Day (Dec. 10, 2022)
- Houston Museum of African American Culture – FREE Fridays and Saturdays (11 am – 6 pm)
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – FREE admission to permanent exhibits on Thursdays 2-5 pm (last entry at 4:15 pm); times change seasonally
- The Houston Zoo – FREE admission (reservations required) on the first Tuesday of each month, September through May, from opening until closing
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – FREE Thursdays 10 am – 9 pm (does not include specially ticketed exhibitions); parking is also free on Thursdays for visitors entering between 5 pm – 9 pm
Don’t miss a thing!
Join our mailing list for the weekly Top Five Events in the Houston Museum District.