THE GREAT GOBBLER WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019 – Sunday, Dec. 1, 2019
Gobble, gobble! The turkey is in town and trotting his way to the Children’s Museum of Houston for special activities, so you can gobble 'til you wobble!
Event time: Nov. 21- Dec 1, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Woven Paper Placemats: Create a Thanksgiving placemat inspired by fall colors in Alexander Art Academy.
- Grow Your Own Garden: Learn how to grow a vegetable garden at EcoStation.
- Compost Stew: Play a matching game to find out which items should get composted, recycled, and reused in EcoStation.
- Fall Wreath: Celebrate the colors of fall by creating your personalized wreath for any occasion in Junktion.
- Great Gobbler Fan: It can still get hot in Houston in November, celebrate the season with a great gobbler fan at Junktion.
- Turkey Leg Hat: Make this hilarious turkey leg hat as you celebrate and give thanks at Junktion.
- Too Hot for Turkey Trot: Solve a turkey puzzle using pattern blocks in Math Cart.
- Field Goal Percentage: And...it's a goal!!! Discover the role projection plays in kicking the perfect field goal in Science Station.
- Cell model and Protein Synthesis: Calling all scientists! Learn about organelles and protein synthesis at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract and examine DNA found in strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Diffusion and the Cell's Membrane: It's diffusion time! Learn how our cells regulate at Power Science Lab.
- Blood Typing: Explore the inner working of a cell membrane and how protein markers protect our body at Power Science Lab.
- Wearable LED's: It's your time to shine! Design your very own LED light-up gear in Inventors 'Workshop.
- Music Workshop: Find your inner musician by inventing a musical instrument in Chevron Maker Annex.
*Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world