Thanksgiving on a Dime – Feed a Family of Four with $20 or Less!
Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019 – Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019
Is it possible to prepare a Thanksgiving dinner that feeds a family of four with $20 or less? Find out as teams of professionals and home chefs show off their culinary skills in a cookoff you won't want to miss! The fun will include:
- Budget-friendly tips to feed your family of four for $20.
- Utilizing coupons, online deals, in-store offers and rebates.
- Cooking strategies that stretch your dollar.
- Delicious and nutritious recipes.
Professional Chef Challenge - 3:00-4:00 PM
- Chef Chris Williams, Lucille's Restaurant
Home Chef Challenge - 5:00-6:00 PM
The Health Museum invites all home cooks and aspiring amateur chefs to enter into our 2nd annual Home Chef Cooking Challenge.competition.
Under the guide of professional chefs, each team will create an entire nutritious Thanksgiving themed meal using ingredients that cost $20 or less.
$5.00 PER TEAM TO ENTER!
For competition rules and to register please click here.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Monday - Saturday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Special exhibits may require an additional fee
- General Admission: $10 per adult; $8 per child (ages 3-12); $8 per senior (ages 65+); Free for members and children under 2 yrs. Free Hours: Free Family Thursdays 2 - 7 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking for Museum visitors is $5. Parking for non-Museum visitors is $8. Parking for Museum members is $3. Enter the parking lot from Hermann Dr. Metered street parking is available on streets surrounding the Museum.
Events at The Health Museum
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world