THANKSGIVING EVE WITH SANTA
Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2019 – Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2019
The turkey is in town and trotting his way to the Children’s Museum of Houston for activities, games and special events! Design banners and Thanksgiving vests and pennants to wobble alongside our turkey character during our colorful Thanksgiving Celebration. Meet Santa and Elves on a Shelf carolers. Have you been naughty or nice? Bring your holiday wish list and camera.
- Elves on a Shelf and the Great Gobbler: Join the Elves on a Shelf for a special performance and our famous Thanksgiving-lovin' emcee, the Great Gobbler!
- Event time: 11 a.m., 12 and 1 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- Santa Meet and Greet: Grab your camera and come meet Santa after his journey from the North Pole!
- Event time: 2 to 4:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- Thanksgiving Vests: Bundle up as you stitch together your own Thanksgiving vests!
- Event time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Tree Trop
**Events and times are subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world