Saturday, Aug. 6, 2016
Spidey senses are tingling! The Children’s Museum of Houston will get tangled in a web of excitement during the annual Spider-Man Day celebration. Sign up on-site to participate in the Web Sling Showdown! Plus, channel Peter Parker and meet Rice University’s IGem scientists, who would create materials such as web sling, during the Museum’s Top S.E.C.R.E.T.: S.O.S. (Summer of Spies).
Meet Spider-Man: The masked crusader spins into gear for a special appearance at the Museum! Event Time: 10 am - 5 pm throughout Museum.
Web Sling Showdown: Duke it out in a Spider-Man inspired web sling shootout! (Limited to 80 kids, ages 6 to 12. First-come, first-serve. On-site sign up in Allen Family Courtyard) Event Time: 11 am-3 pm at Concrete Jungle.
About the Programs & Activities
* Spidey Masks: Protect your identity with your own Spidey-inspired mask at Junktion.
* Super Organisms: Channel synthetic biologists with a single-celled organism design in Alcove.
* Bio Bistro: Learn about the future of foods made in labs and how would you eat it in Alcove.
* VirEx Delivery: Go viral and design a model of an engineered virus in Alcove.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $15 per person and $14 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $8, 2 hours - $9, 3+ hours - $10. Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world