New Year, New You!
Thursday, Dec. 26, 2019 – Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020
If you asked us for our New Year resolution, it probably would be to get a chance to find out about what's going on at the Children's Museum of Houston. Don't miss this opportunity and come to start your new year on the right note!
Event time: Dec. 26- Jan. 1, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- New Frame of Mind: Happy New Year! Write a New Year's resolution in a photo frame as a friendly reminder to yourself in Alexander Art Academy.
- Prosperous Peas: Tonight's the night, let's live it up, by growing your own black-eyed peas to take home at EcoStation.
- The World is Waiting For You: Dream big and write down your next greatest adventure at EcoStation.
- New Year, New You Crown: New Year, New Me! Set your goals/resolutions on your crown at Junktion.
- Noisemaker: It's time to get rowdy! Get creative and make a personalized noisemaker at Junktion.
- Upcycled Wrapping Paper Jewelry: Plenty of leftover gift wrap from the holidays? Transform them into beautiful bracelets at Junktion.
- Measure up: How tall are you? Measure and compare lengths of different parts of your body at Math Cart.
- Light-Up Christmas Ornament: Laser cut a custome ornament and add LED lights to make it pop in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Snow Globes: You'll never want to use a lamp again with this glowy winter-themed snow globe designed, assembled and finished by you in Maker Annex!
- Holiday Toy Workshop: No need to go to the North Pole to build your toys. Stop by to create classic and modern holiday toys in Inventor's Workshop.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world