MERRY GRINCHMAS WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019 – Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2019
Dive into the world of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! and the countdown to Grinchmas with a plethora of Grinch-inspired activities during Merry Grinchmas WonderWeek.
Event time: Dec. 12-18, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Grinchmas Cards: Create a Grinch inspired holiday hard to give to family and friends at the Alexander Art Academy.
- Match that Snowflake: Pair parts of snowflakes to their crystal structure in EcoStation.
- Create a Snowflake: Spread Christmas cheer by making a snowflake in EcoStation.
- Mean One Mask: Let out your mean streak by creating your very own Grinch inspired mask in Junktion.
- Macaroni Menorah: Make your own Macaroni Menorah Candelabra in honor of Hanukkah, the Jewish Festival of Lights and Feats of Dedication in Junktion.
- Dragon Puppet: Celebrate the beginning of Lunar New Year by creating a dragon puppet.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world