Gallery Concert: “Bach and Mendelssohn” by Mercury
Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017 – Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017
07:00 PM – 08:00 PM
Presented by the musicians of Mercury, with artistic director Antoine Plante
Experience the darkly dramatic side of Johann Sebastian Bach’s music in the opening event for Mercury’s 2017–18 season of Neighborhood Concerts. The performance begins with Bach’s Toccata and Fugue, his most famous work, performed by solo violin for a fascinating new take on this audience favorite.
The concert continues with Bach’s Passacaglia, arranged for strings; and an expressive Octet by Felix Mendelssohn, a fellow composer who championed the work of Bach.
- Johann Sebasian Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor for Solo Violin, BWV 565
- Johann Sebasian Bach, Passacaglia in C minor for Strings, BWV 582
- Felix Mendelssohn, Octet in E-flat major for Strings, Op. 20
Mercury’s Neighborhood Series, now in its sixth year, offers hour-long concerts in four outstanding and convenient locations across Houston: the Museum District; Memorial; The Woodlands; and The Woodland Heights. The Mercury Neighborhood Concerts at the MFAH provide the perfect environment in which to contemplate the lush Baroque paintings in the largest gallery of European art in the Museum’s Beck Building.
Admission is $35. Tickets are available via Mercury online or by phone at 713.533.0080.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
開幕專題演講：「帝王品味：千年中華藝術」 | Opening-Day Lecture “Emperors’ Treasures: A Millennium of Chinese Art”
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world