FROZEN OVER WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019 – Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019
The cold never bothered us anyway! Welcome the changing season by celebrating with us at the Children's Museum of Houston with real snow, holiday lights and much more!
Event time: Nov. 14-20, 2019
- Icy Watercolors: Create your own wintery scene with color full watercolors at the Alexander Art Academy.
- Match that Snowflake: Pair parts of snowflakes to their crystal structure in EcoStation.
- Create a Snowflake: Spread the Christmas spirit by making a snowflake in EcoStation.
- Giant Snowball: Snowball fight! Make your own giant snowball to take home in Junktion.
- Polar Bear Party: It's time to party! Come have fun and make your own Polar Bear mask at Junktion.
- Penguin Puppet: Penguins love the cold, so come on over and make your own penguin puppet to take with you anywhere you go in Junktion.
- Guess my Snowflake: Come and explore the different types of snowflakes and what makes each one of them different at Math Cart.
- Ice Melting Blocks: Feeling a little chilly yet? Come see how different temperature affects how fast ice melts in Science Station.
- Cell Model and Protein Synthesis: Calling all scientists! Learn about organelles and protein synthesis at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract and examine DNA found in strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Diffusion and the Cell's Membrane: It's diffusion time! Learn how our cells regulate at Power Science Lab.
- Blood Typing: Explore the inner working of a cell membrane and how protein markers protect our body at Power Science Lab.
- Wearable LED's: It's your time to shine! Design your very own LED light-up gear in Inventors Workshop.
- Music Workshop: Find your inner musician by inventing a musical instrument in Chevron Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world