Family Activity: Upstanders Project
Monday, May. 11, 2020 – Sunday, May. 31, 2020
An upstander is someone who stands up for others. Upstanders are kind and helpful. In times of crisis, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, the world needs upstanders more than ever.
- Learn about upstanders during the Holocaust
If your student is in grades 1-4, skip this step and start with step 2.
- Research people being upstanders today.
For inspiration, start with this BBC News article on reasons to be hopeful here.
- Discover the needs of others.
- Show how you will be helpful.
- Follow through.
- Brainstorm how you can help someone else.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, noon - 5:00 pm
The Museum is closed Mondays, except for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Members: Free Adults (19+): $19 Sr. Citizens (65+): $15 AARP Members: $15 (with valid ID card) Active-Duty Military: $15 Ages 0-18: Free Holocaust Museum Houston is free to everyone each Thursday from 2 to 5 p.m. and on International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Yom HaShoah, Veterans’ Day – November 11, 2021 for active servicemen and veterans and Human Rights Day – December 10, 2021. FREE Saturdays this year courtesy United Airlines are on June 12, 2021, July 10, 2021, and August 14, 2021.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Paid parking is available in the parking lot next to the Museum on the corner of Binz and Caroline St.
Events at Holocaust Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world