Bayou Bend Family Day “Seasonal Splendor”
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019 – Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019
01:00 PM – 05:00 PM
An afternoon of fun and entertainment awaits at Bayou Bend Family Days! Find activities, games, demonstrations, and performances throughout Bayou Bend’s gardens and historic mansion. Enjoy tours of the first floor of the house, hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman’s Club.
► Theme “Seasonal Spendor”
Revel in holidays past and present with seasonal music. Magic and puppetry explore traditions of Christmas, Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Lunar New Year, Ramadan, and Solstice. Check out a demonstration about winter foodways in frontier Texas, and visit with costumed historical re-enactors for a look at traditions relating to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s celebrations in America during the 1600s, 1700s, and 1800s.
Drop in! Admission is free. Last entry is at 4:30 p.m.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Wednesday, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday , 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday (Except selected holidays) | Closed.
- Tuesday | Closed.
- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day | Closed.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $19
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $16
- Military (with ID) Free
- College Students (19+ with ID) $12
- Youth (13–18) $12
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Three Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world