We welcome you to visit the Museum, Rienzi, and Bayou Bend to enjoy all of the art the MFAH has to offer.
With the galleries of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and our house museums—Rienzi and Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens—open, each of us plays a role in our safety, with social distancing, face masks, and additional precautions in place. Virtual films, family activities, and other online programs continue to be offered twice weekly through the #MFAH at Home Virtual Experience.
Before You Arrive
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, is a private institution devoted to public service. We require the protocols below, which apply to the main campus, Rienzi, and Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens.• Advance timed tickets recommended. We welcome all visitors at any time.
• Face masks must be worn by all visitors 2 years and older, and by all staff members.
• Temperature checks required for visitors and staff prior to entry, using a socially distanced reader.
• Visitors showing signs of illness at any time will be asked to return at a later date.
• Social distancing is required and will be enforced; parties may remain together; children must stay with adults at all times.
• Credit or debit cards only; no cash permitted for any on-site purchases.
• Visitor capacity reduced and controlled at all locations, to below 25 percent capacity at any time.
• On the main campus, a single designated visitor entrance, at the Audrey Jones Beck Building (5601 Main Street).
• Social-distancing markers in place at the designated visitor entrance and elsewhere.
• Acrylic panels in front of the admissions desk and the MFA Shop cashier station.
• A no-touch or low-touch visitor experience; MFAH staff will operate entry doors.
• Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; hand-sanitizer units stationed throughout the buildings.
• Coat check is not available; large bags (more than 11x15 inches) are not permitted; no baby backpacks or children on shoulders; soft front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed.
• The MFA Café is closed at this time; outside food and drink are not permitted; drinking fountains are not available.
• Wheelchairs, in limited numbers, are available for temporary use during your visit; please notify an attendant in the lobby.
• An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is extremely contagious.
• In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all the precautions listed above.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Wednesday, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday , 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday (Except selected holidays) | Closed.
- Tuesday | Closed.
- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day | Closed.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $19
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $16
- Military (with ID) Free
- College Students (19+ with ID) $12
- Youth (13–18) $12
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Three Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world