HCCC has reopened to the public with timed reservations, limited hours, and new safety protocols in place.
**Limited Hours Beginning October 15**
Thursday – Saturday, 10 AM – 5 PM
–Holiday Hours for 2020–
HCCC will be closed for Thanksgiving Day, November 26, and from Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day, December 24 – January 1, 2021.
For visitor and staff safety, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft has implemented the following protocols for all who enter the building:
- Face masks must be worn over the nose and mouth by all visitors older than the age of two. (Those who are unable to wear a mask due to health conditions are asked to refrain from visiting in person and to take advantage of HCCC’s virtual events and educational content.)
- Capacity in the building is limited, and timed reservations are required.
- Tours and group visits are not permitted at this time.
- Social distance of six feet between visitors is required at all times. Parties may remain together; children must stay with adults.
- Visitors showing signs of illness at any time during their visit will be asked to return at a later date.
- The Resident Artist Hall is open to a limited number of people. Visitors are allowed to engage with the artists in their studios at the door but are not allowed to enter.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day, and hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the building.
- Visitors must enter through the back entrance, adjacent to the parking lot. The front entrance is currently closed.