Free Admission Times
There’s a lot to see in the Houston Museum District – and much of it’s free! Discover what’s new and plan your visit today!
Asia Society Texas Center
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
Houston Center for Photography
The Jung Center
Lawndale Art Center
The Menil Collection
Moody Center for the Arts
Specific Free Times
General Admission Only
- Asia Society Texas Center – Grand Hall (downstairs) FREE access during museum hours
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – FREE Thursday 1-5 pm
- Children’s Museum of Houston – FREE Thursday 5-8 pm
- Czech Center Museum Houston – FREE last Monday of the month noon-4 pm
- The Health Museum – FREE Thursday 2-7 pm
- Holocaust Museum Houston – FREE Thursday 2-5 pm; International Holocaust Remembrance Day (Jan. 27), Yom HaShoah, Memorial Day, D-Day (June 6), and International Human Rights Day (Dec. 10)
- Houston Museum of African American Culture – FREE Thursday 6-8 pm
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
– FREE Thursdays: 6-9 pm Roam the Serengeti, walk with dinosaurs and discover the world’s mineral wonders
– (with the exception of June 21st – no free hours that day)
- The Houston Zoo offers free admission to guests on the first Tuesday of each month, September through May, from noon until closing. June, July, and August do not have Free Afternoons.
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – FREE Thursday 10 am–9 pm
Don’t miss a thing!
Join our mailing list for the weekly Top Five Events in the Houston Museum District.