YEE HAW! WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019 – Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019
Yee Haw Y'all! Join us for a rodeo roundup and boot-stomping fun. You can learn about the animals that have a staring role in the rodeo. To prepare for this livestock show, we will be making western attire and boot scooting down to the roundup.
Event: Feb. 21-27, 2019
**Event and times subject to change
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Texas Landscapes: From the coastal grasslands to the high plains, use chalk pastels to create the diverse ecoregions of the Lone Star State in Art Academy.
- Farm Animal Finger Puppets: Create your favorite farm animals and put on a show of your own in EcoStation.
- Move Like an Animal: Can you hop like a frog or waddle like a duck? Get to moving in this fun animal game in EcoStation.
- Cowboy Hat: Glue a yellow sheriff star on your cowboy hat and become the sheriff of this rodeo town in Junktion.
- Boot Scootin' Boogie: Get ready to square dance with these fun rodeo boots in Junktion.
- Bolo Tie: Cowboys and cowgirls get ready for the Rowdy Roundup and show your western style with these bolo ties in Junktion.
- Free the Animals: Use your math skills and help the caged animals escape from the zoo in Math Cart.
- Guerilla Gardening: Seed Balls: Create a seed ball to take home and watch a beautiful Texas Bluebonnet bloom in Science Station.
- 3D Print Custom Legos: Design your own Lego and use a 3D printer to watch it come to life in Inventor's Workshop.
- Leather Keychain: Add to the cowboy style with these leather accessories in Inventor's Workshop.
- LEGO Craftsmanship: Use over-sized Lego blocks to build the furniture of the future in Inventor's Workshop.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world