Xtreme Spring Break WonderWeek
Thursday, Mar. 8, 2018 – Wednesday, Mar. 21, 2018
Stop by the Children's Museum of Houston and experience an XTREME Spring Break with us all week long. You don't want to miss one second of it!
- Pop Art Prints: Create an explosive work of pop art in the style of pop art movement icon Andy Warhol at Art Academy.
- Xtreme Animal Zine: Create your own zine featuring nature’s most extreme animals—the fastest, the biggest, and even the deadliest at EcoStation.
- Xtreme Weather game: Play a board game to learn about different types of natural disasters and the best way to stay safe at EcoStation.
- X-Treme Mowhawk Crown: Get extreme and create your own Mohawk at Junktion.
- Right Round Spin Art: Make your own spin art mobile at Junktion.
- Hand of Fire: Conjure a roaring fire in the palms of your hands at Junktion.
- Pi Toss: Come toss the pom poms to be the first person to earn Pi at Math Cart.
- Film Canister Rockets: Catch a flash and watch as two household items react to create an explosion at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice come learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about DNA and extract it from strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game using code software and programming at Inventors' Workshop.
- Search Light: Experiment with soldering and simple circuits to light up the night sky with your very own searchlight at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world