Xtreme Science Shows
Tuesday, Mar. 14, 2017 – Tuesday, Mar. 14, 2017
Stop by the Children's Museum of Houston and discover the science behind the super cold with demonstrations using liquid nitrogen. When things get xtremely cold, their physical properties change in fantastic ways. We will explore cloud formation, pressure waves, superconductivity, and of course we're going to freeze and break a lot of stuff!
- 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Ewing St.
- Einstein Appearance: Albert Einstein has decided to spend his birthday at the Children’s Museum of Houston and will make a special appearance. Don’t forget your camera! Event Time: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., all throughout the Museum.
- Shaving Cream Pi(e) Fight: Have a piece of π! Watch as we shut down the street for an all-out shaving cream Pi(e) battle royal. Event Time: 1:59 p.m. on Ewing Street.
- Portable Pudding Pies: Experience the deliciousness of pudding pies by making your own portable vanilla or chocolate pie in celebration of Pi(e) Day! All Day inTree Top. (While supplies last)
- Pie In Your Face: You got some pie on your face! Play this fun and hilarious game to see if you get a pie in your face, or your friend. Event time: 3:30-5pm on Ewing St.
***Activities, events and times subject to change. This event will be cancelled if there are severe weather conditions.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world