WORLDWIDE DAY OF PLAY
Saturday, Sep. 21, 2019 – Saturday, Sep. 21, 2019
10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Turn off the TV and put down that iPad! It's time to unplug and get back to the basics for Worldwide Day of Play. Come out and celebrate at the Children's Museum of Houston with mini-golf, spin art, corn hole and more!
Event time: Sept. 21, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mini-Golf: Try your hand at 9 holes all day in the Courtyard!
- Spin Art: Make some swirly, twirly awesomeness in Art Academy.
- Corn Hole: Grab a partner and face off with friends in this classic outdoor game in the Courtyard.
- Connect Four: Connect four in a row in this table game brought to life-size in the Courtyard!
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Pet Care Collage: Create the pur-fect place for your pet on paper and plan out its place in your home in Art Academy.
- Doggie Ears: Turn into man's best friend when you make a pair of your own puppy dog ears in Junktion!
- What Does the Fox Say? Mask: Do you know what the fox says? Make a mask and find out in Junktion.
- Three Little Monkeys: Make your own monkey in a barrel game in Junktion.
- Habitat Creation: Don't have a pet? Create a habitat for native animals in EcoStation!
- Move Like an Animal: Imitate the movements of different creatures as you waddle, jump and gallop in EcoStation.
- Ferrofluid: Explore the magnetic properties of ferrofluid and see how the size of particles on the nanoscale affect their behavior in Science Station.
- LEGO Workshop: Use DUPLO blocks to create marble mazes, LEGO blocks to create pixel art and more in Inventor's Workshop.
- Tabletop Games: Make your pet the star of your very own table-top game in Chevron Maker's Annex.
**Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world