Woodworking Levels 1-3
Saturday, Jun. 2, 2018 – Sunday, Jun. 3, 2018
TInker, saw and work with wood! Learn how to use a variety of woodworking tools to create original pieces at our exclusive Maker Crew event on June 2 and 3 in our Chevron - Houston Texans Maker Annex workspace.
In Level 1, you will learn to use various woodworking tools such as punches, saws, hammers and sand paper, as well as yarn and nails to create an original piece of "nail art."
In Level 2, you will use more advanced woodworking techniquest to create a candleholder out of a 2 x 4 piece of wood.
In Level 3, you will use woodworking skills gained in levels 1 and 2 to create a birdhouse.
Please check the workshop times for each date below.
Upon completion of Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 workshops, interested participants will be invited to join our brand new Kid's Maker Crew - with exclusive workshop and tinkering opportunities.
Please note that preceding level(s) must be completed before moving on to next level. When available, only register for next level 2 and/or 3 if you have completed the previous level(s).
LASER MAKER CREW LEVEL 1, 2 & 3 WORKSHOP INFORMATION
- Workshop Dates: June 2 and 3
- Workshop Times:
- Saturday, June 2
- Sunday, June 3
- Location: Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex
- Age requirements: Children 8 and up with accompanying adult (younger siblings will not be allowed in the workshop space.)
- Fee: $5.00 (this is in addition to museum admission costs)
- Workshop length: 90 minutes
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world