Witness to Fitness Wonderweek
Thursday, Sep. 17, 2015 – Wednesday, Sep. 23, 2015
The average person eats almost 1,500 pounds of food a year! Kids can discover what’s yummy for the tummy and learn cool facts about the fuel the body needs to get up and go during Witness to Fitness WonderWeek!
About the Programs & Activities
- Story Time - The Birthday Box: Discover ways to get active by using your imagination with simple objects as we read The Birthday Box! Event time: Tues. - Sat.: 11 am, 1 & 3 pm, and Sun., 1 & 3 pm, in the Parent Resource Library.
- Movie Showing - Duck on a Bike: Things get quacky during Duck's adventures in learning how to ride a bike! Movie Times: Tues.- Fri.: 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30 pm., Sat.: 10:30 & 11:30 am 12:30 and 4:30 pm, Sun.: 12;30 & 4:30 pm
- Vitamin C Testing: Find out which juice has the most vitamin C and learn about how to perform a modified titration in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract DNA from wheat germ cells through a series of steps in Power Science Lab.
- Carbohydrate Digestion: Witness the digestion of starch in the body by using a digestive enzyme in Power Science Lab.
- The Good, the Bad, the Germs!: Learn how germs multiply when you visit Science Station.
- Morning Metal: Discover the iron content in your favorite breakfast cereals at Science Station.
- Helpful vs. Harmful Bacteria: Identify heroes and villains in the bacteria world at Science Station.
- Wheel of Fitness: Spin your custom wheel to find out ways to be healthy at Junktion.
- Boomerang Bonanza: Create your own super-flying boomerang at Junktion.
- Butterfly Bracelets: Learn the lifecycle of butterflies with a colorful bracelet in EcoStation.
- Bird Beaks: Chirp up facts about food and nutrition for birds in EcoStation.
- Metric Mini-Olympics: Get your minds racing as you put your metric unit knowledge to the test at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Just a Minute: Estimate how much exercise you can fit into a minute at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Spin Art: Swirl your way to a vibrant masterpiece at the Alexander Art Academy.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world