WINTRY MIX WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019 – Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2019
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Grab your ugly sweaters and make your way over to the Children's Museum of Houston to celebrate the season with exciting holiday-inspired activities.
Event time: Dec. 19-25, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Snowy Day Collage: Get creative and make your own colorful snowy scene in the woods at Alexander Art Academy.
- Winter Birds: Explore how you can attract birds to your very own backyard in the winter in EcoStation.
- Roll a Reindeer: It's competition time! Create your own reindeer and the first one to complete their reindeer wins in EcoStation.
- Jingle Bell Bracelets: Jingle all the way! Make this fun and festive bracelet at Junktion.
- Reindeer Masks: Lookout in the sky! It's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer! Become this beloved reindeer when you make this mask at Junktion.
- Holiday Wreath: Get in the Christmas spirit by making a beautiful holiday wreath to hang on your front door at Junktion.
- Catch the Snowflake: Will you be the first person to catch 10 snowflakes? Well, let's see what you got in Math Cart.
- Light-Up Christmas Ornament: Laser cut a custome ornament and add LED lights to make it pop in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Snow Globes: You'll never want to use a lamp again with this glowy winter-themed snow globe designed, assembled and finished by you in Maker Annex!
- Holiday Toy Workshop: No need to go to the North Pole to build your toys. Stop by to create classic and modern holiday toys in Inventor's Workshop.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world