WINTER WONDERLAND WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018 – Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2018
Join us as we welcome our Winter Wonderland WonderWeek and partake in painting a snowy landscape, creating a beautiful holiday wreath, jolting static electric snow to life, or transform yourself into a reindeer.
- Dec. 22: Frozen Over: Join, Elsa, Anna, Olaf and Kristoff for a Frozen-inspired sing-along show and more!
- Event time: 12 to 2 p.m.
- Dec. 22-24: REAL Snow Days: Come play in our snow and experience the winter wonderland around you!
- Event time: All day in Allen Family Courtyard.
- Dec. 24: Cookies With Santa: Join the holiday countdown with a cookie jar full of fun and Santa Claus before he embarks on his annual journey around the world!
- Event time: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Kids' Hall Alcove
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Winter Skies: Create a card featuring a snowy landscape with swirling blue skies using tissue paper and water at Alexander Art Academy.
- Match that Snowflake: Pair parts of snowflakes to their crystal structure in EcoStation.
- Create a Snowflake: Create your own fractalated snowflake in EcoStation.
- Jingle Bell Bracelets: Jingle all the way home as you make fun an festive bracelets at Junktion.
- Reindeer Masks: Become the beloved Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer when you make a reindeer mask in Junktion.
- Holiday Wreath: Make a beautiful holiday wreath to hang on your door in Junktion.
- Hot Chocolate Counting: Put the right amount of marshmallows in each mug in Math Cart.
- Static Electric Snow: Manipulate bits of polystyrene snow without touching them in Science Station.
- The Olfactory Knows: Play a matching game with your nose and learn the physiology behind your sniffer in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract and examine DNA found in strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Watch how the anthocyanin in cabbage juice changes colors from deep red to green depending on pH of the substance to which it is added at Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Discover the role starch plays in your diet and test for its presence in different household items at Power Science Lab.
- Christmas Ornaments: Laser cut your own Christmas ornament, then add some LED's or vinyl stickers to bring it to life in Chevron Maker Annex.
- DIY String Lights: Light up your Christmas decorations by making your own string lights in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Snow Globes: Make your own winter wonderland within a snow globe in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Programmable Tree Lights: Code a holiday light show and wrap it around your tree in Inventor's Workshop.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world