Virtual Discovery Camps in a Box: Unpack the Science!
Monday, Jul. 27, 2020 – Monday, Aug. 17, 2020
Discovery Camps in a Box:
Unpack the Science!
Spend your summer with The Health Museum from the comfort of your own home! Keep your kids engaged and learning with Discovery Camps in A Box! Discovery Camps in A Box is a series of health-themed boxes that have been designed to keep children engaged in STEM activities while learning about medical science and the human body. Through hands-on learning and experimentation, campers learn about science, technology, engineering, and math in a fun and intuitive way. Kids will have intelligent fun, make new “virtual” friends, and make the most out of their summer!
With a limited selection of our most popular in-person camps from each age group, our skilled educators deliver lessons virtually and are available live to help provide targeted guidance and assistance to students as they work through awesome activities and projects. Best of all, students get the chance to socialize with other like-minded kids and feel connected to a community! Each camp takes place at the same time every day for a full week for 1 hour.
All Discovery Camps in a Box materials will be provided with the exception of liquids and basic school supplies. Your box will include:
- 3 Science Activities/Experiments
- 1 hour of educational engagement for your child every day for one week
- live interaction with one of our educators
- individual supply boxes with class-specific supplies
From your home! A link to join our virtual classroom will be provided in a separate email once you have registered.
Dates & Times:
Monday – Friday throughout the summer. Weeks of July 27 - August 17.
Please click on each camp to see specific times and dates.
Registration is required 1 week in advance in order to allow for adequate time to fulfill orders. Please note that enrollment for all camps closes at 11:59 pm the Monday prior to the start of camp. An onboarding email will be sent by Friday evening. You are responsible for reviewing the onboarding email in detail and being prepared with all materials before the class start time. Class begins promptly at the listed start time. Parents will be able to pick up their camp supplies on Fridays prior to the start of camp at the museum at a designated time. Proof of purchase must be shown in order to receive camp supplies.
Camps & Schedule
To register for Discovery Camps in A Box and see full camp descriptions, please select a class below, find the desired date and time, and then proceed with your order.
Classes are delivered via Zoom and facilitated by one museum educator and one moderator. All logins to access platform will be provided by The Health Museum in a separate email. In order to participate in Discovery Camps in A Box, you will need a laptop/desktop computer with an internet connection and will need to download Zoom video conferencing software.
Behavior, Safety, and Privacy
Please click the buttons below to download our Virtual Learning Safety Guidelines to learn more about our shared responsibility to support student safety and privacy in our online classes, and our Digital Citizenship Guide to understand how to be a respectful online student.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health Museum is dedicated to our community by offering opportunities to learn about health, medical science, and the human body in a fun and motivating environment. Members with The Health Museum get a unique experience that is both interactive and entertaining, plus its great value and is the best way to explore all our new exhibits and science experiences.
All members get to enjoy these benefits and more:1
- FREE general admission for one full year
- $2 off Museum parking
- EXCLUSIVE invites to select museum events, mixers, and new exhibit previews
- INVITATION to Member Weekend tours
- FREE first-time visit to the DeBakey Cell Lab
- DISCOUNTS at the Amazing Body Store
- FREE admission to 300+ participating Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC)
1primary member must be at least 16 years or older.
Four Easy Ways to Join!
- Online: Visit us at www.thehealthmuseum.org/membership
- By Mail: Fill out and return this form with your payment in the enclosed envelope
- By Phone: Reach us at 713-337-8446
- In-Person: Sign up at the front desk during your next visit
Become a Member with today to start your decade empowered to live a healthier life!
The Museum reserves the right to cancel camps that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements. If a camp is canceled by the museum, registrants will receive a full refund. Registrants must contact the Camp Office in writing via email no later than 14 days prior to the first day of camp. There will be a $100 cancellation fee for camp registrations canceled by registrants less than two weeks before camp begins. There is a $25 fee for returned check
Frequently Asked Questions
HOURS & ADMISSION
Monday - Saturday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Special exhibits may require an additional fee
- General Admission: $10 per adult; $8 per child (ages 3-12); $8 per senior (ages 65+); Free for members and children under 2 yrs. Free Hours: Free Family Thursdays 2 - 7 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking for Museum visitors is $5. Parking for non-Museum visitors is $8. Parking for Museum members is $3. Enter the parking lot from Hermann Dr. Metered street parking is available on streets surrounding the Museum.
Events at The Health Museum
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world