Trolls On a Roll
Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017 – Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017
10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Ever had a bad hair day? It’s time to own it and let the good times roll. The Trolls are on a roll in on their quest to show you that happiness comes within yourself. You’re invited to sing, dance and hug all day long. Caution and optimism do go hand in hand. Hang out with the Trolls and don’t forget to bring your camera during this fan celebration.
Event time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
- Spinning Into Space: Warp speed ahead! Turn dots of paint into streaks on your paper as it moves into hyper drive at Art Academy.
- Pocket Solar System: Create a scale model of the solar system that fits in your pocket at EcoStation.
- Phases of the Moon Flip Book: Discover how the moon changes its apperance in the sky when you create your own flip book at EcoStation.
- No Troll Left Behind: Dress like your favorite troll when you create your own hair and nose props at Junktion.
- Unidentified Flying Object: Aliens have landed at the Museum! Help them get back home when you design a spacecraft for them at Junktion.
- Final Frontier Rocket: Blast off in to the uknown when you engineer this fast, flying rocket at Junktion.
- Makey Makey Rock Band: Use a computer program to create your own electronic guitar, piano or drum set in the Maker Annex.
- Egg Drop Landers: Can you build a carrier that will protect an uncooked egg from breaking after dropping at a certain height? Find out in the Maker Annex.Maker Annex: Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Thursday 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday 12 p.m.-6 p.m.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world