THE MUSEUM EXPERIENCE – ZONE 2
Saturday, Apr. 29, 2017 – Saturday, Apr. 29, 2017
10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Bring the whole family on Saturday, April 29, to experience all that Houston Center for Contemporary Craft has to offer!
10 AM – 5 PM:
- Take in the current exhibitions on view: “United by Hand,” “Future Tradition,” and “In Residence.”
- Visit the resident artists’ studios to see artists at work.
- Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts and home décor in the Asher Gallery
11 AM – 3 PM:
- Learn about the current exhibitions with docent-guided tours every hour on the hour.
- Explore the Craft Garden to sketch and make your own polymer clay sculpture inspired by the variety of plants used in textile and fiber arts.
The Museum Experience features four walkable “zones” to help visitors navigate through the Houston Museum District and learn more about all 19 museums in a more personal way. On the last Saturday of January, April, July and September, each zone showcases a handful of museums at a time, complete with special programming, pedicabs in select zones and food trucks.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 5:00 pm
(Closed Sundays, July 4th through Labor Day)
- Free Hours: Always free!
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Street Parking
- Accessible parking lot is located directly behind the building off Travis and Rosedale.
Events at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
Feb. 3 – May. 28, 2017
United by Hand: Work and Service by Drew Cameron, Alicia Dietz and Ehren Tool
May. 27 – May. 27, 2017
Programs & Activities
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND CLOSING EVENT FOR “UNITED BY HAND”
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world